I have an older Motorola Droid that is currently running Android 2.3, and I mainly use it for music and games. Similar to other old phones, it says an SD card is required to download from the browser. However, it shouldn't need one, because it's an 8-Gigabyte phone. Is there any way to change the default storage location, or at least something I can do to force usage of the internal storage? I have looked in Settings, and I am unable to find anything relevant.
    10-13-2018 10:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Remember that an 8 GB phone means there might be 4-5 GB available to the user, since 3 GB or so gets taken up by the system. Of those 4-5 GB, old phones like the Droid would then further partition down to a small app installation area (which could be less than 1 GB, which means you run out of app installation space really quickly) and an "internal SD" that acts like an unremovable SD card.

Is the browser telling you that you don't have any room on the SD, or that you have to insert an external SD card? If it says there's no room, it's probably because the internal SD is almost full.
    10-15-2018 06:16 PM