The stickers keep downloading to my gallery and it takes some time to delete them all, then more download after using the app, I have tried to see which file they are in like to type in the .nomedia thing but I don't have a clue or understand anything about it, I am very confused and this is taking up space on my phone and I need help. I have a oneplus 6.
    10-14-2018 06:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This appears to be poor coding on the Facebook developers' part. There's at least one directory where the Facebook Messenger app is caching images that it uses, including stickers. You can locate that directory by opening your gallery app, tapping one of those sticker images, than tap Info to see what directory they're in. Then use a file manager app to go to that directory and create a blank file called .nomedia. (Not all file manager apps let you create a file -- you might have to try a few different ones in the Play Store.) Once a .nomedia file is in that directory, it should be hidden from the Gallery app.

But regardless of whether or not they're visible in your Gallery app, they're still taking up a little storage -- that's how Messenger accesses these stickers. The amount of space stickers take up should be pretty small, though, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you really don't want them, then you should consider uninstalling FB Messenger.
    10-15-2018 05:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue, except all images are being stored in the \myfiles\images\ folder, which is where every thing that i do want is also stored.

Any ideas?
    01-24-2019 05:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you actually create a directory on the phone's storage called /myfiles/images? That's not a typical directory -- your photos taken by the Camera are usually in the /DCIM/Camera directory. You might be looking at a folder structure that's specific to the gallery app you're using.

Select one of the sticker images, then tap Menu and Show Details/Info -- the actual directory name should be there.
    01-26-2019 03:48 AM