Why develop new version of android but keep vulnerabilities unsecured?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So many holes in android os, what's the point of new versions when open source of cellular device os is suspended in an abysmal state. Numerous vulnerabilities stay and put public at risk. Device content i.e. contacts, photos, camera access itself is where it begins every aspect of our phones and devices seem to include our day to day life, and because of lazy coders or motivation of " ? ", they have our families at risk. Updating the os and publicly putting the codes out while the reverse are still more accessible leave only temptation for random Hatters. Who is to blame? Honestly? I would say corp advance on sales and advertising are the issue secure the Android os... or How can it be done by John Q. Public? Maybe neither are intended... help??? :-?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Care to explain your impression that the OS is insecure? Do you have any evidence of any vulnerabilities that have been exploited in the OS itself and resulted in data exposure?

I bet you don't have any...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Open source is about the most secure way of developing software. That way, at least a few thousand developers are poring over the code, looking for vulnerabilities. (It's why Linux, which is the OS Android runs on, is about the most secure OS there is, among micros.)

The fact that your pictures, uploaded to XYZ server, are insecure is the faulty of the server, not the fault of Android. (I'm looking at you, Facebook.) The fact that Facebook can be hacked by kids says nothing about Android. If you want to keep your phone off the internet, it's virtually hackproof (virtually, because every once in a while, someone comes out with a Bluetooth hack.) But any computer that's connected to the internet, from a $50 phone to an IBM mainframe, can be hacked. (So far, no one has come up with a way to hack a phone through the power wires, or we'd be in big trouble.)