Ever since I updated my Galaxy s8 to the latest Android, my phone has been acting crazy when I'm using wired earphones. It has no problems when the earphones are not connected even Bluetooth wireless earphones I have no problems with it. Is it the earphones jack or the Android update or something else?
    10-17-2018 03:16 PM
    What exactly is it doing? Volume level? Random Assistant prompts? No control actions? Also, have you tried a different pair or tried your pair in a different phone?
    10-17-2018 03:59 PM
    What exactly is it doing? Volume level? Random Assistant prompts? No control actions? Also, have you tried a different pair or tried your pair in a different phone?
    It's been playing music automatically, volume level going up and down by itself. I tried a paid of headphones instead and it worked just fine. Also, the earphones I used when I had the problem was alright and the phone had no problem earlier before I upgraded the phone
    10-17-2018 04:16 PM
    Were the headphones that you tried and didn't act out also wired? If so, then I know it may seem like it coincides with the update, but that's more likely a hardware issue with your headphones (short circuit or damaged wiring could cause random control signals, even not plugging in completely into the jack). Try the same headset that's giving you problems in a different phone, if if it's the wiring, you'll see similar problems with the other device.
    10-17-2018 04:45 PM