Lollipop 5.1 - Malware spree on my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Greetings!

Since a year and a half, I've been having an issue with my phone (Elemment Flash, a phone made in Chile), of malware installing itself every X hours, I could solve it for a week or two until my phone ran out of battery completely and when I turned it back on it would install X app or show an ad.

2 weeks ago it started to overheat my phone a lot (35C from just using it for 5 minutes, when I could use it for 1 hour straight before it overheated before) and battery life went to infra potato levels (100% lasts about... 7 minutes if I use Instagram for example before I get a 15% battery warning, but lasts hours if I use just whatsapp).

Today phone got stuck in a reboot loop, after it started I had an app called "update", disabled it and was displayed as "Shell", other apps like xprotect, fingerprint scanner, etc, appeared alongside, disabled them all cause the system didn't let me delete them (Even tho they were never in the phone apps be default), got to the point of every time I hit the power button to unlock the screen an ad will appear.

Tried all the solutions out there and nothing worked, unknown sources is disabled, haven't installed apps from third party in a good while, ran any and all recommended antivirus and antimalware available and trusted, nothing.

Only thing I haven't tried was safe mode start as the ROM is in Chinese and I can't understand it.

I'm at the point in which I can't afford a new phone for the moment due to training expenses.

Any solution for this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Normally I'd suggest flashing the stock ROM, but I can't even find a single link to the phone on any subject. If some people there know of a source for the ROM image and the flashing software, that would still be your best chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance