When I pull up gmail from chrome I get a different interface than when i pull up in gmail app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I also started with another account that I unknowingly synced to. For the last 3 days I've been receiving and sending email thru two google accounts with my tablet. Then i got on laptops gmail and sent very important document that I didn't even know got there It went from one account address to the others trash file. I now know that when I hit a link it wasn't coming from chrome but from gmail. Now that I can't delete the other account cause of important business info the web face keeps changing on me. Also the gmail from chrome draws up new version and gmail pulls up the old version

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, Chrome is a web browser, not an email app, so what email account are you looking at with Chrome? (Don't post it here, just note it mentally.) Then see what email account you're looking at with Gmail. If they're not the same accounts, they won't have the same emails.

Second, the webmail interface (what you see in Chrome) is different than the app you see when you run Gmail. That's normal, and they should look different. Chrome needs a webmail page at the email server to access the email account, Gmail is an email app by itself and doesn't.

As for missing an email, I think the fact that you have 2 (or 3? or more?) email accounts is causing you to lose track of what email is going to which account. Unless you actually need more than one email account, I suggest that you choose one as the one you're going to use, forward all emails from the other account (accounts?) to that one, then stop using all of them except the one you decided to use. Keeping track of 2 or 3 email addresses takes a bit of practice.