why does my phone have a greyish screen overlay on all screens? When I turn on the phone or it has sat unused for a little while the screen looks like it has a grey color overlay on most of the screen there is a small strip at the top that is normal. I can still go to apps but each page opens with the grey overlay. After a while the grey overlay disappears and everything looks normal. This just appeared 2 days ago. No updates were done prior to this, it just started one morning when I picked up the phone after not using it overnight.
    10-18-2018 08:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-20-2018 02:34 AM
    I came here looking for an answer to this same question. The grey overlay that covers 9/10ths of the screen. Did anyone answer the question? I don't have it all the time. Plus I have found the grey screen to flicker on and off frequently. I deleted many photos and texts and apps and that works for awhile. Sometimes I think it is a Verizon or Samsung company issue, my phone being difficult because the company wants to see me get an upgrade. Conspiracy theory ha.
    03-20-2022 12:05 PM
    I came here looking for an answer to this same question. The grey overlay that covers 9/10ths of the screen. Did anyone answer the question? I don't have it all the time. Plus I have found the grey screen to flicker on and off frequently. I deleted many photos and texts and apps and that works for awhile. Sometimes I think it is a Verizon or Samsung company issue, my phone being difficult because the company wants to see me get an upgrade. Conspiracy theory ha.
    Which Samsung phone do you have? What version of Android is it running? How long have you had it?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-21-2022 12:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It would still also help to see a screenshot, as I previously suggested.
    03-21-2022 12:14 PM