my charging has been having issues lately like only a certain charger would have fast charge and today it would not charge at all it would say it was charging but it would just stay at the percent.

It eventually died but now its showing that it was charging but it hadn't charged to were i can turn it on (the battery lightning bolt it shows you when its charged but not at any percent).
    i have messed with the port before when i had this problem it fixed it temporarily but i dont know if its that or the battery because around 15-20 percent it would start going down really fast until l plugged it in and it would then boost to whatever percent it was at before it went down fast

also the charger type didn't matter it would still do the same thing no matter were,what port,what cable it just did the same exact thing

email me at [removed] if you have any advice in case anything happens and i cant find this

should i take it to get fixed i honestly think it could be the port because i messed with it but it could also be the battery because im 14 and on it all the time

do you think i need a new phone i dont think i do i wont be able to get one my parents said that they wont buy me a new phone (i dont go through phones i only got one cause my dad got a new phone and gave me his old one)

also i think he got this when it was relatively new and i got it when i was 12 so maybe its 2-5 years old and on its last legs i honestly have no clue

the LCD screen is not messed up because when i try the volume down power button reset it shows up the symbol that its "charging" so it wouldn't be that

just any advice would help with it i am most likely not gonna get a new phone its been plugged in for 3 hours and still showing that screen i think its the battery or charging port

please email me at [removed again] if you have any suggestions please
    10-19-2018 07:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a problem with the port, so I agree that it probably needs to be looked at by a repair shop, possibly to replace the port. When you say you messed with it, what does that mean?
    10-20-2018 12:34 PM
    i have messed with the port before when i had this problem it fixed it temporarily but i dont know if its that or the battery because around 15-20 percent it would start going down really fast

until l plugged it in and it would then boost to whatever percent it was at before it went down fast
    That says that the battery is shot, which is probably if you've been drawing it down to 15-20% for 3 years. (You'\re lucky it lasted this long.)

should i take it to get fixed i honestly think it could be the port because i messed with it but it could also be the battery because im 14 and on it all the time
    I'd say that you had 2 problems, a bad port and a bad battery.

In the future, be aware that lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. If you can't recharge by the time the battery gets down to 40%, turn the phone off until you can. (They're light, and can be made thin - 2 things people want. They also want a week between charges and the ability to discharge the battery all the way to 0 - and you can have the first 2 or the second 2, but not all 4. Gel cells can be discharged to 0 over and over without a problem, but they're large and, since the electrodes are lead, they're heavy.)

For now, since the phone is off, leave it on charge overnight if you want. If it's charging, it should be charged by morning. But it will get down to 40% quickly. Then turn the phone off to charge it. A bad battery just can't supply power and get charged at the same time.

As B. Diddy said, a reputable repair shop would be your best bet.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-20-2018 02:53 PM