Data roaming works but i cant receive/ make calls or even sms

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I've recently travelled overseas, which I do many times a year. But this time some thing happened that never happened before. So I activated my roaming and internet worked fine. However I couldnt make calls or receive calls and neither sms. Service providers allowed emergency calls only. I contacted my service provider back home and they insisted all is well from their side. I changed to 3 different overseas service providers and still saying emergency calls only. The peculiar thing is the internet 4G worked. Does anybody know what the issue could be? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which overseas carriers were you using? Did you go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type​ and made sure it wasn't set to LTE only?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since (it sounds as if, anyway) you're not still overseas, it's too late now, but if it ever happens again, go into one of the overseas carrier's stores and ask for assistance. Maybe their back office can get with your carrier's back office and work out the problem and fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm