Galaxy S5 Neo - Some app icons are greyed out after restart/shutdown

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I have had my galaxy s5 neo for quite a while now and have always loved it. But recently I noticed that several of the apps' that ss
ve their icons greyed out and it doesn't go away.

I've seen this happen before with the apps that are stored on the memory card. After I reboot the phone this would always happen with apps that are stored on the card, BUT it always goes away after a while - I assume after the phone has sorted through everything and properly loaded the sd card.

But now it doesn't ever go away. These icons stay like this PERMANENTLY! Why is this happening? It is very VERY annoying!

I already have done some googling so far and have seen some answers on other forums. ALL of the forum answers I've seen say that it's because the memory card isn't mounted anymore and the only answer I've seen says is check in the settings-storage menu to see if it's 'mouunted or not' which seems to be what everyone ELSE's problem was!!

But in my case, my memory card is still connected perfectly and when I check the storage menu it's all good, everything is where it should be!! When I check the The individual apps menu's nothing appears out of the ordinary.

So far the only way I've been able to fix this is by deleting the apps and re-downloading them all... But as soon as the phone gets rebooted or runs out of battery or shuts down for whatever reason, it's back to the same problem! And the weirdest and definitely most annoying part of this is that after all the redownloading and replacing the icons, the next time the phone rebooted after that, it was DIFFERENT APPS that were greyed out!! THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Is there a way to fix this? Based on what I've seen while trying to find a solution to this problem, it looks like I'm the only person in the entire internet that this has happened to!!

ANY help is extremely appreciated. Thank you :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long have you had this card? The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, and the photos aren't crucial to save, then go ahead and allow chkdsk to try repairing those sectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci