CPU is at nearly 100% constantly
    Phone is hot all the time and is not responsive

When looking at android's battery use, the leading consumers are "android", "android system", "google play store" followed by "Photos" and "goggle services" that consumes a little less.

Activated various of monitor applications: All show CPU consumption of 75% to 100% but when looking at processes - all processes are quite (and consume low CPU).

Turn phone off and on does not help
    Any next step other than factory reset??

Phone: Redmi Note 4X
    Android Version: 6.0
    10-22-2018 08:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it also happen in Safe Mode? How to turn on safe mode on Xiaomi Redmi Note
    10-22-2018 09:38 AM
    It looks as if a lot of pictures are being synced. Play may be updating something.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-22-2018 01:10 PM
    That's a good thought. If you have a ton of photos stored on the phone and Google Photos is trying to backup all of them to your Google Photos in the cloud, that could use a lot of CPU and battery.
    10-22-2018 03:43 PM
    I am the one submitted the question..
    It is not photos nor google pay loading an update. The idea of using safe mode is interesting. The flow of entering safe mode mentioned above is not updated for Xiaomi devices (I tries anyway). Googling it shows a flow in that uses the fingerprint sensor. Tries it with no luck so I need to keep trying. The phone is at wake mode 100% of the time. There is not much data trasferred over the network
    10-23-2018 11:53 AM
    Charge the phone up to 100%, then use it normally until the battery is at around 20-30%. Then show us a screenshot of the battery usage menu, so we can get a better idea of what's using battery most.
    10-23-2018 01:50 PM
    Strange but: I noticed (very low) activity of a process I am not familiar with - Actually an application named "duo". Googling it: A google appp that is mandated by google - Therefore I could not uninstall (phone is not rooted) - So I registered to it instead. Problem is gone: CPU is quite and is at deep sleep most of the time. I cannot tell for sure that the registration solved the problem or something else and even can't say that the problem is not going to come back - I can just describe what I have seen - The facts
    10-24-2018 09:32 AM
    Google Duo is Google's video calling app (which is supposed to be quite good -- I've just never used it because I don't make video calls). Glad to see that registering your Google account to it helped. You could probably Disable it in Settings>Apps, though.
    10-25-2018 03:16 AM