I have an s7 and an s8 under one gmail account. I now use my s8. I gave my daughter my s7 for occasional use But for some reason if i delete numbers off the s7 it deletes off of my s8 too! I do not want another gmail account. Is there a way of getting rid of my personal numbers off of there? As they come up on her whatsapp account and her social media recommendations.
    10-22-2018 04:33 PM
    If your Gmail account is still linked to that phone, then your contacts are still syncing. I'm assuming she has her own Gmail account? If so, just remove your account from the phone and she can add hers.

If she doesn't have a account and you don't want one, then you can either remove your account from the phone (this will include synced data like contacts and calendar) but this will mean that no apps will be able to be downloaded as a Google account is needed to access the play store, or go to your account sync settings on her phone and turn off everything for your account, that way no sync will happen automatically (just bear in mind that this is a very bad, temp solution as a manual sync can be performed at any moment; your accou t is still on the phone and she can access anything in it from her phone)
    10-22-2018 07:14 PM
    Basically, the contacts go with the account, so same account, same contacts, different contacts, different accounts.

Same account, different contacts? Not possible.
    10-22-2018 07:45 PM