Hello all... I am not only totally and completely unfamiliar with the Samsung Galaxy line-up, but I am also a tech *****! LOL. Anyway, I am going to jump ship from...yes, hold on tight...BlackBerry...and make the move to Samsung.

I am currently using a BB Priv, and did want to go to the Key2, but for several reasons, I cannot. I'd like to stay with Android...and it appears Samsung sits at the top of the pyramid in the US Android world. I am currently with VZW, but I am also jumping ship and going to ATT (or Cricket, which I am told uses the same technology, cell service, network, etc., as ATT).

So, I like reading, learning, understanding...where do I go to find out what Samsung I should be looking at? S? Note? Edge? I don't know the differences between the three models and where I should be looking to learn.

Thank you in advance.
    10-23-2018 03:36 PM
    You either want a Galaxy S9, S9+ or a Note 9. Look them up on Samsung's website to decide which of the three appeals to you the most. If battery life is high on your list, skip the regular S9.
    Tech Idiot and Kim Werth like this.
    10-23-2018 04:03 PM
    You either want a Galaxy S9, S9+ or a Note 9. Look them up on Samsung's website to decide which of the three appeals to you the most. If battery life is high on your list, skip the regular S9.
    Thanks waqqas...I greatly appreciate it. Yes, I was thinking 9...I get the difference between the S9 and the S9+...but the Note 9? Stylus? I'll look around for some comparisons, and check the Samsung website...but other than the "sales propaganda" -- is there any major differences, or deciding factors, that I should be aware of? Thanks again.
    10-23-2018 09:12 PM
    Thanks waqqas...I greatly appreciate it. Yes, I was thinking 9...I get the difference between the S9 and the S9+...but the Note 9? Stylus? I'll look around for some comparisons, and check the Samsung website...but other than the "sales propaganda" -- is there any major differences, or deciding factors, that I should be aware of? Thanks again.
    S9+ over the S9:

6GB RAM vs 4GB
    Regular + Telefoto rear camera lenses vs just regular
    Bigger battery
    Bigger screen

Note 9 over the S9+:
    128GB base storage vs 64GB
    S-pen
    4000 mAh battery vs less
    0.1" bigger screen
    Optional: 512GB/8GB much bigger than S9+ (but at a cost, of course)

The S-pen is actually more than a gimmick, if you ask me. How much you will use it is entirely up to you. I held a Note 9 for the first time today, and I could not feel any difference compared to an S9+.
    10-24-2018 09:16 PM
    Thanks. Greatly appreciated.
    11-01-2018 09:52 AM
    I just bought the Note 9. I am someone that uses an S Pen with my Samsung TabS3. The SPen for the Note is bluetooth so it does a lot more for you than any regular pen. I am excited I can use it to take pictures. It comes down to personal preference. I had the S9+ gave it to my husband. They feel the same although the Note is slightly bigger but not anything you can feel in your hand. hth
    11-01-2018 02:11 PM
    Wouldn't give up my keyboard (KEY2 LE) for any Slabsung.

But if typing on glass is what you really want to do, I'd recommend the S9 if you want a more manageable device one handed.

Actually, the S8 does have a keyboard case cover available for it
    11-29-2018 01:26 PM
    Note also that Android phones of the highest quality are also available from other manufacturers. I say that in case you are unaware of that, and think that it’s all about Samsung.
    11-29-2018 02:18 PM