I have a Galaxy tab s3. I have Chrome installed and use as default browser. I willn ocassionally open pages, whether from search or other links like facebook and the browser will lock up for 10 to 15 seconds. I cant go back, cant get any response. Then, the dialog box says chrome is not responding. Ive tried factory reset and clearing cache.
    10-23-2018 09:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the app cache/data from Chrome in Settings>Apps​.
    10-24-2018 07:06 AM
    As I said, clearing cache doesn't work. However, making samsung Internet the default browser does. But, I don't prefer that browser since I use Chrome on my laptop and sync Bookmarks between devices seamlessly. Any ideas what is it about Chrome causing this snafu?
    10-27-2018 10:26 PM
    Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the system cache partition, since that usually goes hand-in-hand with a factory reset. (My suggestion was about the individual app cache/data, which is different from the system cache partition.)

If Chrome was preinstalled on the tablet, try uninstalling all updates and see if the problem persists. If not, then there might be an issue with the latest Chrome update on your device.
    10-28-2018 09:01 AM
    I backed out to factory version of chrome. Problem persists. What next?
    10-29-2018 10:10 PM
    Hmm. Ok, update back to the current Chrome, and then see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...-s3/safe-mode/. This can help determine if something else you installed is causing the instability.
    10-30-2018 12:10 PM
    I just updated my S7 phone and now it is doing it. I'll try safe mode, but wouldn't it be a good idea if Google could figure it out? How does this get reported?
    11-02-2018 10:52 PM
    Ok, so it is in safe mode. What next?
    11-02-2018 10:59 PM
    In Safe Mode, use Chrome as you normally would, and see if it still locks up. If it doesn't, that would suggest that some 3rd party app you installed might be causing the instability. The challenge then would be to figure out which app -- that can be tedious, because if you don't already have a suspected culprit, then you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    11-03-2018 12:28 AM