I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge but Boom only have coverage in USA but not Puerto Rico.
    10-26-2018 03:14 PM
    IF you're currently using Sprint as your carrier (Boom uses a few carriers), yes. But if you're using AT&T or Verizon, no, you'd need a Sprint phone. (Even if Sprint's phones weren't locked, they won't allow a phone with an ESN not in their database - in other words one branded Sprint or one of their MVNOs, and Boom is one of them - on their network.) So if the phone is currently on Sprint, it's a Sprint phone. If it's on Verizon, it's not, and you can't use it on Sprint (but you can use it on Verizon). If it's on AT&T, the technology is wrong - it doesn't "hear" Sprint or Verizon signals, they're just noise. But you can use it on AT&T.

So if it's a J327P, it's Sprint, if it's a J37A, it's AT&T. Look at the label, then decide what you want to do.

How? Bring it into a Sprint (preferably corporate - most Sprint stores these days are independents) or AT&T store and ask them to please put the phone on their service. You'll have to choose a plan that's good for you.

But does Sprint have coverage in Puerto Rico? Does AT&T? From what I see, AT&T does, Sprint doesn't. (Verizon does, but they probably won't accept a Sprint phone on their network.)
    10-26-2018 04:30 PM