Hi I'm trying to transfer text history from my S7 to my new S9. I tried Smart Switch but it didn't bring over 100% of the texts or conversations for some reason.

Then I used SMS Backup & Restore to backup my texts from the S7 and then I tried to restore on the S9. Problem is, it didn't restore any media. Meaning none of the pictures associated with the contacts and also none of the group messages since those are MMS.

When I looked closer SMS Backup & Restore can't restore MMS. Neither can the SMS Backup+ app. They only back it up for some reason. I can't find anything online about how apps that will both backup AND restore MMS.

Any advice is appreciated!
    10-26-2018 07:08 PM
    I use "SMS Backup & Restore" by SyncTech.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore

I can confirm that the MMS messages are getting written to the XML file with the images sent.
    Unfortunately, I have never tried doing a restore.

User pictures that go with the contacts info is not contained in their XML file. That data would be backed up by your Contacts backup app.

From a data integrity perspective, you would want to restore your contacts info before restoring your call logs or SMS/MMS messages.
    10-26-2018 10:00 PM