■How to Restore Deleted Files Post Factory Reset■

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
Is there *full version free download software* for *data recovery* (that *actually works and renders results*) to be used on ●*non rooted Android Note 4*●, in order to assist in recovering *deleted files* "*post 《factory reset》*".
The files in question are "*(.doc extension)*", that are associated with "*Colornote App*"; which were already available under, "*data" file*, in ●*Device Storage*● media, *prior* to process of"*《factory reset》*"and unfortunately,were "*not backedup*".
I do appreciate any *professional assistance* to restore my missing files...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're VERY lucky (I mean as in win the lottery a few times a year), you might recover a few files after a factory reset. The whole idea of a reset is to make everything, including your files, unrecoverable,

You can't recover deleted files on a non-rooted phone. You have to look in the directory, and the only user with access to the directory itself is root.

And no deleted recovery app's free version recovers anything but .jpg files.

The only hope - and you probably have to have the phone rooted and have busybox installed, because you need dd, a Linux utility, in the phone - is the method described at PhotoRec - Recover data from an iPhone. It works for Androids too (if you can figure out the right partition).

Of course rooting the phone can overwrite some of the files you're trying to recover. If the phone is running Marshmallow, and the bootloader is unlockable, you might be able to root with Magisk, which would give you the best chance. (But busybox is a lot of files, which means a lot of overwriting, so I suggest that you ask around in the XDA Note 4 forums to see if anyone has an installable dd - or a better suggestion.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21