Battery Draining While Plugged In...

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Okay, so I have seen this question asked over and over. My situation seems a little more 'progressed' than the other though.

Lets begin.

One night I was drinking wine, taking a nice bath, and watching documentaries online. All at the same time. As I'm sure you're aware, it did not end well for my phone.
So, into the tub it goes. I quickly pull it out, stick it into a bag of rice, and pray for the best.

Day 1: The screen only works sometimes. It will shut off and not come back on after a fwe minutes but still responds to touch. I decide to put it back in the rice for a few more days.

Day 5: Same issue with screen. Put it back in longer.

Day 10: Screen works! Everything is wonderful. Oh, wait its not charging and its losing batter VERY fast. It must be a bad battery or charging port. (so I order a new battery and charging port)

Day14: Battery and Charge port arrive. I take the phone apart and replace the charging usb port on the phone. It comes with a new cord too so thats cool.
New battery is nice. STILL THE SAME ISSUE. NOT charging. NOT holding a charge.

SOMETHING is definitely draining the hell out of the battery faster that it can charge. I have replaced the battery, the usb charge port in the phone, the cord, and I have factory reset the phone.

I don't know what else I can do. If there is another part I can order and replace please tell me what it is.

Thank you :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So, into the tub it goes.
First mistake, as you already know.

I quickly pull it out, stick it into a bag of rice
Second mistake, which you probably didn't know. Rice has destroyed more phones than driving over them has.

Aside from the battery being shot (probably due to a short on the motherboard, the motherboard is ruined and the screen may be too. Your data is gone. So your choice is whether to repair this phone pr nuy a gently used one that hasn't ever gotten wet. I'd go for the second choice.

Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you know what to do the next time you get a phone wet. Even a "water resistant" phone can be destroyed by the steam in a bathroom. Condensed steam is called water, and a water resistant phone isn't "humid air resistant".

Bathrooms and cellphones don't mix well.

levi1524

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm sad that my note 3 is gone. Its easily the best phone I've ever owned. Damn near indestructable. Thank you so much for your help and the link to that guide. It was very informative. Do you have any suggestions as to a new phone? I can't stand apple so I'm thinking about either another note 3 or trying to go for a Google Pixel 3. It looks kind of nice.