Hey guys,

I've made the huge mistake intalling this app in my device (One Plus 3T), thinking that this could help managing virus, memorys and batery... I've used its notification cleaner, and deactivated all notifications... But there's some apps very important that I use and that I need the notifications, but they don't appear anymore...I've tried uninstall the Security Master, tried to fix the configs in Android Configurations, but it seem not worked...

Have you passed threw this sitiuation with this app before? Have any idea how to fix it without reseting the phone?

Thx
    10-28-2018 08:38 PM
    I don't have that specific phone, but check your phone's settings and look for a section for notifications. That should bring up your apps, almost like the app manager. Go into each app and reset the notification setting as you want it.

For future reference, it's best to not touch anything by Cheetah Mobile. Their software is generally junk and they have had a sketchy history.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-28-2018 09:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you tried to uninstall it but couldn't, or you were able to uninstall it but the problems remained?
    10-29-2018 10:46 AM
    And mark that name - Cheetah Mobile - in your memory. Never install any app from them. That includes things like Cheetah Keyboard and CM Browser.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-2018 12:37 PM
    And also QuickPic, which used to be a reputable gallery app until the original developer sold it to Cheetah, who promptly started adding all sorts of useless bloat and ads to it.
    10-29-2018 01:06 PM
    @diddy, I could uninstall it, but the problem remained... Will I need to reinstall all apps that I have? It is really bothering me a lot... What a mistake... hahahaha heeeelp thz
    10-30-2018 08:54 PM
    Which apps are you having problems with? Are you saying that when you go to Settings>Apps and select one of those apps, then go to the Notifications option, it says that notifications are on, but you still don't get any?
    10-30-2018 09:47 PM
    That's exactly the problem!! @diddy how can I fix it? Sorry for delay!
    11-19-2018 05:23 AM