Is there any alternative to the use of the gmail app on Note 9 for my exchange account?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung Note 9 forces the use of gmail for Exchange when setting up the account. Are there any alternatives other than the Outlook app?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Umm, not sure why it's forcing the GMail app, but when you add an account through the phone's settings (not through the app), it should use the default e-mail app for that.

But for Exchange I'd suggest you use Nine. It's a paid app, but well worth the 9 bucks. Once I tried it I never looked back (used to stick to the stock app for work e-mail... not anymore)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it a company-provided Exchange account? If so, the company can dictate which app to use based on security testing and any other app would be blocked. There are lots of apps that could work with Exchange - one that comes to mind is named "Nine". Are there any particular features you seek that might help others direct their suggestions to your needs/wants?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz