Gallery keeps shutting down my apps

Idoburrito

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
Whenever I try to access Gallery from other apps, it shuts down that app.

For example, if I am texting and want to add a picture by clicking on the Gallery icon, it shuts down messaging.

If I want to use Hootsuite and click on the Gallery icon to upload a picture, it shuts down the app.

When I use Instagram and Facebook, the Gallery folder is empty.

I tried to back up pictures from my phone, but it says I have no pictures to back up.

However, if I click on the Gallery app itself it does NOT shut down. If I select a picture in Gallery and then tap on share, it will add to my text message without shutting down my messaging app.

I have already gone into App Manager and cleared the data and cache for Gallery, but that doesn't work.

I have added other gallery apps but they do not sync with my other apps. I cannot change the default.

Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please clarify something -- when you're trying to access the Gallery from within some other app, are you doing this by tapping an Attach Photo option, and then getting presented with a Gallery option? Or are you tapping Home to exit to the homescreen, and then tapping Gallery?

Idoburrito

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
The app I am using shutdown when I click on the Gallery icon within the app to access my files/photos in Gallery. It does NOT crash if I hit the homebutton, tap on Gallery, select a photo, and then tap the share icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo