I recently purchased a Moto Z3. I use it in the car frequently either with Bluetooth or Android Auto. Apparently, every sound and word from the other end of the call is echoing back to that person. Of course, I can't hear it on my end. It's almost as if the audio coming through the car sound system is looping back into the microphone. I've never had this problem with any other phone. Is there a way to fix this?

BTW, it also seems to happen when I'm simply using the phone with the speaker turned on. I saw something online about turning off Noise Reduction, but I don't see any such setting on this phone.
    11-02-2018 08:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the phone's in a case, see if the problem goes away with the case off.
    11-02-2018 11:04 AM
    I created the original question. There is no case on the phone, but there is a Moto Mod battery pack. I took this but the problem persisted. This is extremely frustrating as I'm in my car at least 3 hours a day and rely on making calls during that time.
    11-02-2018 12:21 PM
    When you're in the car, is the phone mounted on a bracket? If so, make sure the bracket isn't blocking the secondary mic at the top of the phone. I think interference with this mic can sometimes lead to echoing.
    11-02-2018 01:47 PM
    No, it's typically sit in a cup holder. But I imagine that it's typically top down in the cup holder. I'll try it with the top of the phone pointing up and see what happens. I think this thing has mics on the top and bottom so I may end up with the same results by flipping it the other way!
    11-02-2018 03:36 PM
    Changing where and how the phone was positioned in the car did not resolve the issue.
    11-02-2018 06:39 PM
    Hmm. I've seen some mentions that this could be due to VoLTE issues. Assuming it's turned on right now, see what happens if you turn it off temporarily.
    11-02-2018 07:33 PM
    I'm not sure what VoLTE is. Is that a phone setting somewhere?
    11-02-2018 07:45 PM
    VoLTE is Voice over LTE (aka Enhanced 4G, HD Calling, or Advanced Calling). It's how the phone can make voice calls using 4G, rather than 2G. If you're on AT&T, don't turn it off, though, because AT&T relies on VoLTE, having turned off their 2G network a couple of years ago.

Go to Settings>Mobile Networks​ and look for an option there for one of the above. If you don't see it there, try opening the Phone app, then tapping Menu>Settings>Call Settings.
    11-03-2018 12:23 AM
    I turned off a setting called Enhanced 4G LTE Mode, but that didn't seem to help for the car issue.
    11-04-2018 12:12 PM
    Frustrating. I read through your original post again, and wonder if the phone is not properly deactivating its own primary mic when connected via Android Auto or using speakerphone. As an experiment, see what happens if you isolate the phone in the car during the call where you're pretty sure no sound will reach it (like wrapped up in a coat).
    11-05-2018 05:22 PM
    I tried burying the phone inside a coat, but the problem persisted. I'm wondering if I go back to where I bought it they can tell me what to do. I just don't know what else to try. I could always give up commuting....
    11-08-2018 06:36 PM
    Hmm, sorry but I'm stumped as well. Have you also asked your carrier about this?
    11-09-2018 12:59 PM
    No, I have not actually. That's a good idea. I will stop by one of their stores first and go back to the reseller of the phone. Thanks for the advice.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-09-2018 03:59 PM