I lost my phone someplace in a city. I used the Google maps find my device, and I used the map timeline feature. It shows lines that outline my travel...where I have been. It all looked accurate, even showing the time I was at given locations. Then the tracking line ended. I read somewhere that the ending location is approximate - a precise address is not given. The location given on the map says "Lettered Streets." That is a neighborhood. The line ends near an intersection in the lettered streets side of town. Just north of Dupont and D street. I choose the next day's date and get a message that "...no Location History..." for that day.
    1) What does it mean when the tracking line simply ends. Did the battery go dead? Or is my phone just sitting there? How do interpret this. It would be nice if there were some explanations somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2) I used the "secure it" thing to "protect your data." Is that why the tracking stopped?

Will the tracking work if the phone is turned off?
    If I go there and use the "Play Sound" thing, will it ring?
    How does the status of the phone affect these features? If it's on/off, battery dead/live, secured/not secured...etc.?

Why can't I find this explanatory information anywhere? GEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-03-2018 12:58 AM
    1) Either the battery went dead and the phone is just sitting there, or someone found it and turned it off.

2) No.

"Will the tracking work if the phone is turned off?" No.

"If I go there and use the "Play Sound" thing, will it ring?" If the battery isn't dead and it;s not turned off.

"How does the status of the phone affect these features? If it's on/off, battery dead/live, secured/not secured...etc.?" On, it works, off it doesn't. Live battery it works, dead it doesn't. Secured, no one can get into the phone without the password.

"Why can't I find this explanatory information anywhere?" The same reason you probably can't find the information about whether to go or stop on a red or green light. They're all common things, known by most people if they think for a minute.
    11-03-2018 12:29 PM