i bought the phone from wish and when i installed my security software (eset) it tells me the phone is rooted and it is a dangerous !
    how do i get rid of that
    11-03-2018 09:07 AM
    The ROM (OS) installed on the device is pre-rooted and there may not be a way to unroot it.

Not to overstate the obvious but if security is of ANY concern, buying a knock-off device is probably not the best of ideas. There is NO way of knowing just what nefarious stuff was done to that OS, that device is not likely to get the same patching that a real S9+ will and the hardware is also of questionable origin.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    11-03-2018 10:05 AM
    Lmao. Buys a counterfeit phone and you put in your real credentials to activate? Turn off the phone. Remove the Sim card and never use it again.
    Go to a pc. Change your Google password and enable 2 factor authentication.
    Good luck!
    marcb11 likes this.
    11-03-2018 10:12 AM
    I'm with the others, you should not be trusting this phone for having any meaningful security. There's been cases where the manufacturers of knockoff phones have embedded malware into the OS itself. So not only would it be near impossible to remove, but they would likely put it back on the phone with a simple update. It's also doubtful you'll be able to install a custom ROM on it unless you are willing and able to rewrite the entire OS from the ground up (including all the drivers to get everything working right).

On a related note, I wouldn't trust anything from Wish because of all the counterfeits and slow delivery times. If security is a concern for you (as well it should be), buy a name brand phone from a trusted source.
    11-03-2018 11:18 AM