• Start date
A

Android Central Question

I’m plugging my iPhone up to an aux cord and it does nothing how do I fix this

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First make sure the AUX cord is compatible with iPhone wiring. Otherwise it might be 'touching' terminals it shouldn't and the phone won't recognize that as audio output. I assume your phone doesn't 'detect' headphones have been connected, correct?

Also, check that the cable isn't damaged or too long. Changes in impedance can trigger noisy signals and cause the phone to NOT go into headphone audio mode. Does the phone route audio through the port with regular headphones? If not, the port itself might be damaged.

And make sure the audio unit (in this case your CD Player) doesn't need to have an input selected for audio to play (like an AUX option there or something...kinda like a TV where you have to select which port or channel you want to display).

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
also - are you trying to play the phone through a "CD player" such as a car radio or are you trying to play the CD player through the iPhone speakers. I don't think the iPhone supports the latter, our friends at http://imore.com will know better.