Hi,

I have an old car, I decided to permanently attach a tablet in front of the radio.

The principal purpose of this tablet is to always show google maps.

I do not want to have to touch it as much as possible.

I want to have a button, that when I press it, no matter what is happenning the tablet, it will switch to showing my current position in google maps.

It has to always work and be quick. The entire point of this tablet is to eliminate distracted driving from my life.

I just want to push that button and there is google maps and that's it ! No messing around !

If the screen is off, it should turn on and not show the lock screen

If google maps has not been started before since the last reboot, it should not show the white splash screen of blindingness (hide splashscreen or make it black). I don't need my car to light up all night informing everyone around me that I am messing around with a tablet in my car.

Is that possible ?

For the button, I figure I could use a "bluetooth control shutter button for selfie"

I would need the software to remap the function to something else. And then maybe software like automateit or tasker could take this button click event and start and make google maps the foreground full screen app. It should also press the "recenter" button in google maps automatically. Like google maps could be deep in the menus or inside a location's information, it should back out of that and show my position
    11-05-2018 11:31 PM