Wells Fargo App "spins" and locks up. Cannot click on a stock.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Pixel 2 XL Android 9.

While logged into the Wells Fargo App. all the features/tabs work. Checking, transferring, depositing checks. When I switch to my brokerage account everything works fine also.....except when I "click" on a particular stock in my "portfolio" to get more details. The app gives me the spinning wheel and locks up. Cannot back out, nothing, just frozen.

- This has been ongoing for many months.
- I have called 10/12 times and spoken to different levels of support at Wells Fargo.
They have been unable to provide any help, pretty useless. Standard for Wells
Fargo.
- I have uninstalled/installed many times.
- I checked the permissions and I don't see anything that could be affecting this, but
I may be missing something?
- Very frustrating.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data in Settings>Apps for the Wells Fargo app?

The support number you call for Wells Fargo in general probably has very little to do with the developer of the app. Have you also sent the developer an email? Appstorefeedback@wellsfargo.com

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Old thread, but I've found that many banking apps are written by the cheapest programmers the bank can find. (Software is seen as a cost center, not a profit center, for a bank.) It's what caused me to switch banks - after 2 months of the app not depositing checks, and hearing "we'll have it fixed any day now" (and after decades of developing software), I gave up and went to a small local bank. (I can actually talk to their software people face to face if I ever have to.) I don't use software that isn't understood by the people supposedly writing it - especially if it's software that's handling my money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781