Looking to upgrade wifes phone from a galaxy s5. As you can see anything would be a step forward. Well hopefully. Ideally she would like one with a camera so good she no longer has to carry a seperate one.
    I am thinking note 9, Galaxy 9 or 9+, maybe pixel 3 or iphone x. Other mention should go to mate 20pro. but starting to see some threads here about lines appearing on pictures so really not sure on that.

Any advice would be great. I do have a bit of knowledge and really depends on reviews and opinions of people as to which way a review goes. So would like to hear from someone who may have had one or more of these devices or experience with one or more and can give an honest opinion on camera quality.

Thanks
    Cheers
    fyi in australia on optus network so all seem to work well on it.
    11-08-2018 08:00 PM
    Considering that the Pixel 3 is now available, you can probably start getting good deals on used/refurbished or even new Pixel 2 or 2 XL's. The camera is superb, and you'll still get updates for a while from Google. Unlimited photo uploads to Google Photos at original resolution as well until 2021!
    11-09-2018 08:03 PM
    The plans for a pixel 3 128gb for $75 per month with 20gb data. so thats not bad. I assume the 3 is better than the 2??
    11-09-2018 10:18 PM
    Reviews for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL have generally been positive, although one common thread is that it's not much of an improvement over the 2 series (which, in itself, doesn't mean the phone is bad -- the 2 and 2 XL are great phones). The camera has some neat new tricks like Night Sight, but those features are supposed to come to the Pixel 1 & 2's camera app in the near future. Wireless charging in the 3 is nice to have, if that matters to you. There have also been a number of well-publicized bugs in the 3, some of which should be fairly easily correctable with software updates. I don't think you can go wrong with a 3, but if price is an issue, the 2 or 2 XL are still worth considering.
    11-09-2018 10:59 PM
    LG phones have the wide angle camera mode and their menu system is similar to Samsung so it won't be much of a change from the S5. LG V40 was just released which is a great camera focused phone or if budget is an issue you can go for older LG V30 which I actually just bought brand new and is on Oreo and is amazing both camera and battery wise.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-10-2018 07:30 AM