My company's security policy blocks me from installing the Google App. It there anyway I can continue to use Android Auto for the Google Map function via my car's Android Auto link?
    11-09-2018 08:10 AM
    Que? You want to use Google maps, but not have Google on your device? How would you get to the playstore? You know Android auto doesn't need to use Google maps? I'm not sure what your question is.
    11-09-2018 08:37 AM
    You need the Android Auto companion app on the phone so the phone knows how to handle that connection.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    11-09-2018 08:44 AM
    Thank you both, many other apps are whitelisted so I am able to access others, but it is specifically the "Google App" that is blocked. The Android Auto app's first page identifies that "Google App" is not installed and will not let me past that page. Is it possible to run Android Auto without "Google App" installed?
    11-13-2018 05:27 AM
    Probably not. There are "cards" that are displayed on the main screen that are dependent on the Google app.

The Google app is a core component of any device that gets a Google certification for the Play Store. I find it odd that your employer is removing or (more likely) disabling that app and the phone still works for the most part.
    11-13-2018 06:17 AM
    Probably not. There are "cards" that are displayed on the main screen that are dependent on the Google app.

The Google app is a core component of any device that gets a Google certification for the Play Store. I find it odd that your employer is removing or (more likely) disabling that app and the phone still works for the most part.
    Google Play Services is definitely necessary for many things to work. The Google App on the other hand is not. I uninstalled it, and didn't miss it until I tried using Android Auto.
    01-25-2019 09:40 AM