How to file a complaint about inappropriate content

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

I received an email today from "androidlanemail.com". There was an article about Yahoo users ("Yahoo To Pay $50M In Damages, Provide Credit Monitoring Service For 200M Users Affected By Data Breaches In 2013 & 2014") accompanied with a Yahoo! logo with bullet holes in it. Given the extreme gun violence our country has experienced recently, I found this to be distasteful and insensitive. I've unsubscribed. In the future, please keep in mind that any message that makes reference to gun violence as a means of marketing is likely to trigger or offend a growing number of people who have suffered or lost loved ones, including children. Totally inappropriate. Please make a better choice of imagery next time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

I received an email today from "androidlanemail.com". There was an article about Yahoo users ("Yahoo To Pay $50M In Damages, Provide Credit Monitoring Service For 200M Users Affected By Data Breaches In 2013 & 2014") accompanied with a Yahoo! logo with bullet holes in it. Given the extreme gun violence our country has experienced recently, I found this to be distasteful and insensitive. I've unsubscribed. In the future, please keep in mind that any message that makes reference to gun violence as a means of marketing is likely to trigger or offend a growing number of people who have suffered or lost loved ones, including children. Totally inappropriate. Please make a better choice of imagery next time.

I would suggest actually contacting the people that sent you the email. "Androidlanemail" has nothing to do with Android Central. Next time please look harder into an issue to ensure you're contacting the proper people before pushing accusations on people / sites that have nothing to do with the email you received.

Status
Not open for further replies.