just bought a new LG G5, Vs987 Verizon, unlocked and am using it with tracfone. It came in the In original box, unopened. I ordered this on Oct 27, 2018 and it has a "factory data reset date" of Oct 30, 2018. I am now questioning if this really was a new phone. I am having a lot of issues with this phone. Sometimes it takes 6 or more attempts at the swipe screen to get to the home screen. I cannot ever get the back button or the menu button at the top left of the screen to work. if I swipe down from the top, cannot get any of those options to work. Screen freezes up randomly and I have to use the power button to unfreeze. I have stopped or uninstalled all of the bloatware, and have cleared data for all of them. I have tried turning off and on; I have turned off and removed the battery & put it back in. This phone seems to be a real lemon. This phone is for my husband, and I bought the exact same phone (from different seller) a month ago and have had no problems with it. One difference I have noticed between the 2 is that this new one has "unknown network" under About Phone. Also, the service state is "radio off"; also the Status- IMS registration is "not registered".
    what's the deal with this phone??
    11-09-2018 03:21 PM
    Where did you buy the phone? Lots of online sellers are really good about repackaging phones to make them look new. I don't know if this website is any good, but it says that you can check the history of a phone by entering the IMEI number.
    https://sndeep.info/en
    11-09-2018 03:27 PM
    I bought from Lotus Online. I have returned it for a replacement. If a new one comes with a factory reset date, will that mean it is actually NOT new?? and yes, packaging was very good. all pieces in little sealed bags, box had little sickers on the edge, however, there was no plastic cover on the outside of the box. I can't remember if my other LG had an external plastic wrap or not.
    I did call LG customer support and they asked for the EMEI #. They could not determine that it was not a new phone, just said they had never serviced it.
    11-11-2018 06:15 AM
    It may have been a returned item that they repackaged as new. I'm not sure. I'm glad they are sending you a replacement.
    11-11-2018 09:46 AM
    UPDATE: returned phone to LotusOnline for replacement. After waiting 5 days and no replacement had been shipped, I cancelled order.
    Found new LG G5 on Amazon and just got today. This time I was not searching for something "New, Sealed in Box" since it obviously doesn't mean much. No 'factory reset date' for this one. Think I am good to go. everything works. Will think twice about using eBay again.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    11-26-2018 04:41 PM