I'm kind of new on the forums, but I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this.

I put my galaxy S3 to charge today, while it did turn on it was for a very short time, once I got to the home screen, my phone's screen started to flash, making my phone shut down, and before the whole battery issue I had, I had this problem where I plugged in my earphones, and for some reason during any song or video I listen to, my phone pauses it and notifies me that the earphones are unplugged even though I got them plugged.

I took out my battery and it was indeed cracked (where the 4 squares are, the plastic and some of the paper got cracked and ripped), so I am not worried about buying a new one, but due to the headphone problem I was wondering could it be something more serious? I did drop my phone a couple of times.
    11-11-2018 09:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.
    The headphone issue is probably separate from the other issue and due to a bad connection. Try checking the port for lint with a toothpick or other small device. It could also be a bad port or bad headphones.
    11-11-2018 09:35 AM