Hi!
    Recently upgraded my phone from an LG G4 to a Samsung Galaxy S8 and am very happy with the switch, but I took my car out today and noticed that my music metadata (Song, Artist, Album) do not show on my car's (2011 Mazda 6 Grand Touring) display.

I was able to see the metadata in the display with my G4. My S8 also paired with my car with no problem.

The apps I have tried using are Spotify, YouTube, and playing directly from my phone's native/stock audio player. None of these apps show any metadata in my car.

Please let me know if you have any suggested fixes (even if you think they're stupid, I wont!)
    I know there are a lot of possible issues that can arise from having an older car connect to a newer phone but my car does not have a built-in nav or anything like that. It only has Bluetooth and I would really like to be able to use this one feature's complete capabilities.
    I've also read that I may need to update my Mazda's software (but I can't seem to figure out how to, or where to download the updates) since it is only a 2011 model and does not have an actual full-display or tech package (like I said, only Bluetooth).

Again, I would appreciate any help on the matter.
    Thank you!
    Anushtha Narang likes this.
    11-11-2018 10:31 PM
    Btw, I am OP, but I wasn't logged in. Commenting to get notifications
    11-11-2018 10:34 PM
    It's a matter of too many different Bluetooth profiles available. Your phone is using one, your car is using a different one, and they don't allow for metadata to be transferred between them. There's not much you can do about it until you change phones or radios.
    11-12-2018 11:32 AM