Can someone help me out? My phone crashed, and I was certain all my photos had been safely backed up onto Google Photos. However, now when I open my Google Photos on a device, I can only find the ones starting about a year ago and on back. At one point, I had turned my Samsung Cloud off-would that have had an effect on my photos backing up to Google Photos as well, or are the two not interlinked whatsoever? Also, should I use Google Photos for my backup or Samsung Cloud, OR both? I'm so confused!!!!
    11-12-2018 10:56 PM
    At one point, I had turned my Samsung Cloud off-would that have had an effect on my photos backing up to Google Photos as well
    No.

or are the two not interlinked whatsoever?
    Totally unrelated.

Also, should I use Google Photos for my backup or Samsung Cloud, OR both? I'm so confused!!!!
    You could use both, but Google is pretty well backed up themselves, so if anything happens, they restore from their backup and you're good. I still have pictures up there from August 2008 - over 10 years ago.
    11-12-2018 11:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unless you're 100% sure you will always use Samsung devices, I'd stick with Google Photos, since Samsung Cloud is only compatible with Samsung devices. So if you backed up all of your valuable data to Samsung Cloud and then got an LG device in the future, that data is inaccessible and useless.
    11-13-2018 02:08 AM
    I would recommend that you also keep a copy of your photos backed up on DVDs or a memory stick. Photos are irreplaceable and using the cloud for your backups is a good idea, but there is always a chance that something could go wrong.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-13-2018 04:12 AM
    I would recommend that you also keep a copy of your photos backed up on DVDs or a memory stick. Photos are irreplaceable and using the cloud for your backups is a good idea, but there is always a chance that something could go wrong.
    True, that. Hard drives are exceedingly cheap these days (spinning ones, anyway, although SSDs are also getting cheaper), so that's another option.
    11-13-2018 10:24 AM