Hi,
    so I´ve flashed and rooted my Android phone with Odin3 via my PC and now I want to change my MAC address in order to remain anonymous when accessing public WiFi. The problem is I don´t want to connect to any WiFi with my current MAC address and I don´t want to install suspicious apps or any apps in order to change it. Isn´t there a way to change the MAC Address of my rooted phone from my Computer?

Oh and because I´ve received a lot backlash on other platforms for this question: I don´t want to do anything illegal or shady, I´m just getting into this whole "programming and customizing your phone" thing and I want to gain the knowledge of what´s behind this sort of things, not just install the software to do the trick for me.

Thanks in advance for your answeres
    11-13-2018 11:13 AM
    There aren't easy ways to do this, the MAC address is hard coded into the WiFi chip of the device. Also - since the MAC address is used by the network to uniquely identify the device if you change it you run the risk (though VERY slim) of duplicating another device's ID and causing network issues.

The best way to be "anonymous" on a public WiFi is to use a VPN, hiding the MAC address does VERY little in this regard.

While changing a MAC address may not be illegal in itself, changing it to avoid the device being banned from a particular network is borderline.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    11-13-2018 11:35 AM
    Chainfire came out with an app a while ago, called Pry-Fi that will do what you want and more.
    11-13-2018 01:23 PM