Hi all. Thanks for helping.

I commute on a motorbike with a bluetooth headset and speak to my assistant often. My phone is a Sony Xperia X compact (with Android 8.0.0).
    I used to be able to tell the assistant: "Directions to work" and it would then start navigating me and providing traffic updates from where I am to my office via Google maps (Both "Home" and "Work" addresses are saved under those names in Google Maps).

However, I recently reset my phone to factory settings. It seems like that may include a lobotomy for your assistant, as she has now evolved into a moron. Her response is now just: "I'm sorry, I do not know how to help you with that"

How can I train her to respond to my request for directions again?

PS: Saying "Directions to [315 Brooklyn street]" does still work as expected.
    11-15-2018 01:50 AM
    Are you sure you're properly logged into your Google Account? Does the Assistant 'see' other things in your account (like asking 'where's Home' or 'what's my name' or check your Google Calendar?)
    11-15-2018 06:00 PM
    Have you tried saying navigate to work or home?
    11-15-2018 06:34 PM
    Hi all. Thanks for helping.

I commute on a motorbike with a bluetooth headset and speak to my assistant often. My phone is a Sony Xperia X compact (with Android 8.0.0).
    I used to be able to tell the assistant: "Directions to work" and it would then start navigating me and providing traffic updates from where I am to my office via Google maps (Both "Home" and "Work" addresses are saved under those names in Google Maps).

However, I recently reset my phone to factory settings. It seems like that may include a lobotomy for your assistant, as she has now evolved into a moron. Her response is now just: "I'm sorry, I do not know how to help you with that"

How can I train her to respond to my request for directions again?

PS: Saying "Directions to [315 Brooklyn street]" does still work as expected.
    In the settings for the Assistant under Personal Info>Your Places you need to add your work address.

Hope that helps.
    11-30-2018 06:16 AM