I was reading my text messages last night. Touched the screen somehow and a blank space said DRAFT. Next to that it said delete. I thought it was going to just delete the blank dialog area. So I hit delete and it deleted months worth of my text messages and photos that were included!!

Everything from that one contact in conversations on my cell phone, is GONE!!

How do I retrieve all?? Not good with smartphone or tablet.
    PLEASEHELP!!
    11-15-2018 02:00 PM
    Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which texting app?

Unfortunately, for the normal users there is no recovery for deleted SMS messages unless your SMS app implements its own "trash" folder, which most apps do not do.

If you previously used a backup-restore app for your SMS messages, most will let you restore a single conversation.
    11-16-2018 03:10 PM
    Does Samsung cloud backup text messages?

Method 1: Backing up text messages to the Samsung Cloud. Many Samsung users have access to a specialized tool for backup their data, including SMS text messages. You need only a Samsung account; Samsung Cloud automatically backs up SMS data from many Samsung mobile phones. The service is not available on all devices.

You might be lucky because you don't have to backup somethings on a samsung device and it will automatically back it up try,

Settings > cloud & accounts > Backup and restore > restore data

Good luck.
    11-16-2018 03:36 PM