Hi,

My SIM card tray/adaptor (the plastic "dock" that the SIM card tray sits on, before being slid into the SIM slot) seems to be stuck inside the SIM card slot, on my Motorola Moto G3.

I can pull it out a tiny bit (maybe 1/5th of the way), but then I encounter a lot of resistance, and it feels like I might break something if I try to pull it any harder.

Does anyone have ideas/experiences of how I can get it out?

Thanks in advance.

Note 1 - Is there any way to upload photos to these questions?

Note 2 - My phone has a SIM card slot, located underneath the back cover on the phone (it's not one of these pop-out trays, that a lot of new phones have - such as the iPhone X).
    11-15-2018 04:24 PM
    You were answered a day ago, by two members. Refer to your original thread.

Edit: OP has PM’d me. The two threads are from different posters. My mistake and apologies.This thread unlocked.
    TheManOfThePeople likes this.
    11-15-2018 05:34 PM
    I’ll hereby bump the thread.
    11-16-2018 01:46 PM
    pix

How to remove a stuck SIM card tray/adaptor, from the SIM card slot?-screenshot_20181117-075006_samsung-internet.jpg
    11-16-2018 02:32 PM
    Vilenoso, is there a question there?
    11-16-2018 03:14 PM
    I think @Velenoso is showing the OP how to post an image, since that was one of the original questions.

To the OP, here's a guide on how to post screenshots: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-16-2018 09:18 PM
    Vilenoso, is there a question there?
    I would have thought reading the question would have answered your query, but it's all good.
    11-16-2018 09:37 PM
    pix

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181117-075006_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	294227
    Thanks for the tip, it won't let me edit my original post (I think because I posted it without an account), but the photos are below.

The SIM card slot is the one in the top left hand corner. The adaptor/tray has got stuck in the SIM slot, without any SIM card in the adaptor.

The first 2 photos show how much (well, how little!) I can move the SIM adaptor out easily (about 1/5th of the way), before I encounter a lot of resistance & it seems to get stuck.

The bottom photo shows an example of how the adaptor/tray looks; note that the the one in the photo is not the same as the one that's stuck, and is too big to fit in the the slot.

How to remove a stuck SIM card tray/adaptor, from the SIM card slot?-1-fully-.jpgHow to remove a stuck SIM card tray/adaptor, from the SIM card slot?-2-partially-out.jpgHow to remove a stuck SIM card tray/adaptor, from the SIM card slot?-sim-adapter-example.jpg
    11-19-2018 01:34 PM
    Have you tried pushing it in further?
    11-19-2018 02:50 PM
    Have you tried pushing it in further?
    Hi, yes but it won't go in any further than the 1st photo (the 2 photos show the full range of movement that I can get, before encountering resistance).

Though when trying to push it in further, it feels more like it's reached "the wall", whereas in pulling it out, it's more like it's got stuck on something/trapped.
    11-19-2018 03:46 PM
    Hi, yes but it won't go in any further than the 1st photo (the 2 photos show the full range of movement that I can get, before encountering resistance).

Though when trying to push it in further, it feels more like it's reached "the wall", whereas in pulling it out, it's more like it's got stuck on something/trapped.
    To be honest at this point I doubt you have much to lose by pulling it out at any cost, if you can't get it out your phone will be useless.
    11-19-2018 04:31 PM
    I think there's a good chance you'll damage the contacts by pulling it out. Can you ease something very thin under it, between the adaptor and the contacts, to keep them pressed down when trying to withdraw?
    11-19-2018 06:33 PM
    Many thanks, this has worked.

Though my adaptor did come out slightly warped (I think from trying to pull it out in the past), so can't fit a SIM card into it now, to check if the contacts are damaged or not

For anyone else having this problem, I'd recommend watching this video -

You want something thin, but rigid enough to slide underneath without crumbling; I didn't have plastic, but I used a thin piece of card, which was just about rigid enough
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    11-21-2018 01:48 PM