The bloody auto-update function nearly got me beaten up cause apparently not only can you NOT turn it off for good but IT CAN override the OS entirely an sys-update whenever it wants to regardless of whether you actually really need a phone atm or not.

P.S. Whoever designed that piece of **** I hope his entire family dies while he can't call out because of one of these idiotic unnecessary updates.
    11-20-2018 08:34 PM
    I think much of this depends on the device in question.

For example - Pixel devices with Project Treble implemented will install the OS update to the 'secondary' OS partition, the update is then implemented upon the next reboot. A reboot for an update in this circumstance is about 20 seconds, if that.
    11-20-2018 08:56 PM
    If you're talking about Android system updates, you get about 10 chances to say "postpone", then it installs the update without asking. That's so that they don't have to answer questions about bugs they've already fixed. No developer wants to support bugs that have been fixed,
    11-20-2018 09:48 PM
    I think much of this depends on the device in question.
    Definitely true, and seems somewhat unpredictable which ones can and can't prevent OS updates. On some phones, I couldn't prevent it and it would randomly update despite me saying to postpone. Others I could prevent it in various ways (but none of them officially blocked, just different work arounds).

Whatever the case, if you are being threatened, that is a matter to talk to the police about, regardless of the reason.
    11-20-2018 11:05 PM
    Also, bear in mind that Android Central can do nothing about these things, since we are not responsible for any of it, and have no more powers of feedback than any other users.
    Mooncatt likes this.
    11-21-2018 08:02 AM
    Also, bear in mind that Android Central can do nothing about these things, since we are not responsible for any of it, and have no more powers of feedback than any other users.
    Ha, it's obvious that you control it all from your lair
    belodion likes this.
    11-21-2018 09:01 AM
    Ha, it's obvious that you control it all from your lair
    If only we could. Some magic back door method of communicating with manufacturers and carriers. But even Google can't. The best anyone can do is use the Feedback function in Settings if it's an Android problem (feedback goes to Google's software people).
    belodion likes this.
    11-21-2018 02:02 PM