I have a brand new Nokia 2520 tablet bought around 2013 to replace an ageing Acer Android. It has only been out of the box for a few days. A beautiful piece of hardware ruined by a useless operating system which I would never have got used to so I put it in the cupboard and bought a HP Slate 10 Android which has served me well ever since and is still adequate for my needs. My laptop and PC are both Linux.

I'm wondering if some bright spark out there ever managed to replace the Windows OS with Android on a Nokia or similar Windows tablet with an ARM processor. It would be good to give this nice piece of hardware a new life otherwise it is destined to gather dust until it becomes a museum piece.
    11-21-2018 05:41 PM
    An exceedingly bright spark managed to get Android to boot on a Windows phone years ago, but that's about as far as it went if I recall correctly. You can read about it on XDA Forums.
    11-22-2018 06:32 AM
    Many thanks for the reply, belodion.

I have seen that report on the XDA forum. It did not seem to offer much certainty that I could make it work on a tablet and have a stable, useable device and there is always the risk of bricking the tablet which would render it even more useless than it is now. It is such a pity because, like I said, it is a very nice piece of hardware, complete with the keyboard case with its additional battery. Nokia really shot themselves in the foot by opting for Windows RT instead of Android.

It was recommended to me by our external technical support people at the time. For me, it represents GBP700 down the drain. I guess I'll just leave it gathering dust in the hope that someone, somewhere, someday ................
    11-22-2018 07:16 AM
    There are Android emulators for running Windows - there may be a WindowsRT app that can run Android.
    11-22-2018 12:39 PM