How do I change the individual notification sounds per app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So im re-opening this thread because im sure this is something people are probably still looking for, And im not going to pay $2.50 for an app, Does anyone have any new apps that do this?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Reopening what thread? If you're intending to revive an existing thread, or respond to one, you will need to register. Doing so will help keep the discussion in one place. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

ryesherry

Jun 23, 2019
Visit site
Go to Settings, Notifications, tap the app you want to change, tap Sound, and change it.

You can't change or even disable the sounds for SOME apps. I am having the same problem and it's frustrating when you don't want certain notifications making a sound.
I like to know when someone is messaging me on Facebook, Tinder etc however don't necessarily want it to make a sound so it's either mute everything with Do Not Disturb or having everything ring including the unwanted apps

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You can't change or even disable the sounds for SOME apps. I am having the same problem and it's frustrating when you don't want certain notifications making a sound.
I like to know when someone is messaging me on Facebook, Tinder etc however don't necessarily want it to make a sound so it's either mute everything with Do Not Disturb or having everything ring including the unwanted apps
What apps are you unable to silence individually? Did you go to that apps Notification and lower its priority to No Sound?