How do I delete Playlists PERMANENTLY?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am trying to figure out a way to create a playlist on my computer to save to my phone, but it seems no matter what I do, I can either have NO playlists, or TWO
(duplicate) playlists.

I create playlists on my computer via WMP, and then copy paste them over onto the SD card on my Android Samsung Galaxy s8. Example: The WMP playlist "80s-90s.wpl" is copied over to my SD card.

A few minutes later, you will see that the phone converted the files to "80s-90s.pla" and I now have TWO playlist files of each.

Ok, no problem, easy to fix right? So I go back to my computer and I delete the original "80's-90s.wpl" file seeing how my phone converted it for me.

But when I go back to my phone, I see that didn't work. I still have TWO playlists. Hm. Ok, so I go back to the computer and delete the remaining "80s-90s.pla" file right?

Wrong. I go back to my phone and I still have duplicate playlists even though via the computer THERE ARE NO MORE PLAYLISTS ANYWHERE!

ALSO, If I manually delete ONE playlist off my phone, it magically reappears and I am left with duplicate playlists. It doesn't matter which duplicate, they come back a few minutes later. BUT if I manually delete BOTH playlists on my phone, THEN they stay gone forever, but I am left with zero playlists!

Get this kicker tho, if I manually CREATE a playlist on my phone, I dont get duplicates at all. If I delete this manually created playlist on my phone, it stays gone. So it would seem the answer is to not use the computer at all, and to only use the phone to create playlists right? WRONG. This is extremely difficult to do via a phone due to the fact that my playlists have hundreds of songs in them. So manually creating a playlist on my phone really is not a good option.

BY the way, I have all cloud/sync activity turned off. So no it is not google, it is not samsung.

For some reason my phone does not like recognizing playlist manipulation via computer.

HELP ME THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Gomab1994

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
Drove me crazier but here's your answer. Go to==> your Samsung account==> internal storage==> scroll down to playlist==> tap on those you want deleted==> delete==> go to your music player==> delete again==> restart phone & be happy. Simplest terms the playlists are connected to your Samsung account similar to how iTunes playlists are connected with your account.