Hi there,

My Internal Storage was filling up, so I moved lots of apps and files (videos/photos) over to the SD card.

However it is still showing almost-full in total Internal Storage, despite the individual listings underneath the total reflecting the move, with much fewer GB on the Internal Storage

Any ideas how I can fix this?
    11-25-2018 02:16 PM
    What device are you using and which android version are you running?

Videos and photos should have made a difference. Are you sure they were moved and not just copied?

How were the apps moved?

Depending on the android version, apps can't just be moved. Some portions of the data for an app can be set to save to an SD card, but arbitrarily moving apps will break the ability to run them.
    11-25-2018 03:03 PM
    Hi there,

My Internal Storage was filling up, so I moved lots of apps and files (videos/photos) over to the SD card.

However it is still showing almost-full in total Internal Storage, despite the individual listings underneath the total reflecting the move, with much fewer GB on the Internal Storage

Any ideas how I can fix this?
    When you move an app to your SD card, a lot of it is still in the phone internal memory, as it must be. You can download Data Size Explorer from the playstore and see how you actually now use more storage than before if you combine the two.
    It is also not good practice to move apps to the SD card. Unless necessary, keep your apps on the phone, and set your videos, pics, downloads and backups to save to the SD card. You will have a faster phone that uses less power.
    11-25-2018 05:46 PM