Why is my phone rebooting everytime I play games

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, Im using a Samsung J3 Pro, and ever since I got it, everything worked perfectly. However, over the last month, something strange is happening. Everytime I'm opening up and playing a game, the device just pops out the opening screen and restarts. I thought it was a glitch the first time it happened but then i realised that it happened every single time I opened any game. What's weird is that it only happens to my games, my other apps (Netflix, Facebook) work completely fine. I tried to factory reset my phone a couple times but everytime I did, after 4-5 days the same trouble occurs and Im getting quite tired of factory reseting my phone once a week so I can play games for a limited time. I really need help. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are these games that you installed from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps Store, or from somewhere else? Do you have the Game Launcher or Game Tools on the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Same question as above -- are these games installed from the Play Store, or from some other source? Also, does the phone get really warm before it restarts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same question as above -- are these games installed from the Play Store, or from some other source? Also, does the phone get really warm before it restarts?

If you don't answer our questions, we can't help you.

SAILESH RAJESH

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
the Same question as above -- are these games installed from the Play Store or some other source? Also, does the phone get warm before it restarts?

If you don't answer our questions, we can't help you.
The same problem is happening to me too
My phone is an A21s with more than 150GB free space in sd and internal combined
plus I have 6Gb ram
But recently around 2-3 months
my phone either restarts or goes to the home screen
I tried resetting my phone but it came back after 2-3 days
and yes my games are installed from the play store and the phone doesn't heat up

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Three years later someone actually answered the questions. LOL

Welcome to Android Central.

6GB of RAM is a pretty good number but it may depend on what's going on in the background.

How predictable is this? It happens every time, once in a while, a few times a day? I'm asking because I'd like to know if you can cause this to happen?

Is it all games or only certain games? This would tell us if something like solitaire where nothing much is animated makes a difference vs something like PUBG where the processor is being put through it's paces.

Are you using Samsung's Game Launcher?

If it closes and you reopen it does it continue to close over and over if you try again or will it play after a time or two? Does this change if the phone restarts vs kicking you to the home screen?

Since this issue seems to revolve around games I'd like you try few things.

If you're using Samsung's Game Launcher (GL):

Before opening Game Launcher open your multi-tasking screen, some may call this the quick switch screen but basically the screen that shows all of your apps that are not closed and are being held in the background, and close all apps. When you open Game Launcher it will be the only thing shown on this screen. Now try to play a game. What is the result?

Just like before close all apps, open GL and select your game, whatever happens, it plays, the phone restarts or you get kicked to the home screen, go the multi-tasking screen again and close everything except the game you want including GL. I'm curious if GL is the problem.

Turn GL off and try your games. GL should be under Advanced Features, it's near the bottom of the list on my model.

I'm thinking the issue is either Game Launcher or Game Booster settings.

Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.