I have a situation where in the past I have downloaded and used TextNow. Since I've stopped using it, I have uninstalled it from my phone. However, it is re-installing itself on my phone every time my phone dies and turns back on.

My auto-app update was turned on the entire time but again, the app itself was uninstalled and every time it installs itself when my phone turns back on, I uninstall it.

How is it possible that this app is re-installing itself even though it's been uninstalled?

Thanks.
    11-26-2018 12:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you install it from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?
    11-26-2018 02:28 PM
    I have a situation where in the past I have downloaded and used TextNow. Since I've stopped using it, I have uninstalled it from my phone. However, it is re-installing itself on my phone every time my phone dies and turns back on.

My auto-app update was turned on the entire time but again, the app itself was uninstalled and every time it installs itself when my phone turns back on, I uninstall it.

How is it possible that this app is re-installing itself even though it's been uninstalled?

Thanks.
    As a side note, don't let your phone die. It really will make the battery useless.
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-26-2018 02:31 PM