I recently got talked into buying a Samsung J7 V2nd gen. with a InvisibleShield glass + protector, and a presidio grip case. Also a Apple ipad 9.7 inch 32GB also with an invisibleShield Glass+Screen protector. along with a Folio Case with keyboard for ipad. also a powerstation 6000.
    It all was very expensive and I don't know if it was the best buy for my useage.I'm a 65 y/o woman. not very tech savy.
    What do you think?
    11-27-2018 03:40 PM
    For somebody not very tech savvy you have made a good start by asking a question here. I'm sure you will master your new tech, take things slowly and the learning one step at a time. Enjoy using it and if you need any assistance you will find lots of nice knowledgeable people on Android central to help you,. Sign up to the forum (it's free) and you will be able to reply to the threads.

As this is an Android forum it may be worthwhile also joining an Apple iPad forum for help with your tablet.
    11-27-2018 05:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your question depends on what you use your tech for. If you use your phone for basic things like calls, texts and a few apps here or there, then the J7 should be fine. It never hurts to have a good case and screen protector, even if you try to be very careful with your devices.

iPads tend to be expensive, but they of course have a great user experience, and there aren't that many good Android tablets out there. There's no direct compatibility between an Android phone and an iPad, so that's a minor disadvantage -- however, most if not all Google apps (like Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.) are available in Apple's Appstore, so you should still be able to keep things relatively well connected. Be aware that Samsung apps are probably not available for the iPad, so it's generally better to sync things with your Google account on the phone, rather than the Samsung account. And use Google-based apps (like Keep for note-taking) rather than whatever note-taking app that Samsung has.
    Kodak2 likes this.
    11-28-2018 11:08 AM