zedge notifications and ringtones saving to google music... HELP!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time I go to save a ringtone or notification, it is automatically imported into my Google Play library on the device into the Last Added playlist folder.
This files are not shown on the desktop site, only on the device itself.
It's more of an annoyance than anything and is wreaking my playlist that I go to all the time, especially while travelling.

Also, whenever I select a ringtone that I want to save, I download it to the device. Previously, I could find that ringtone in the settings or in the selection when trying to add it to a contact but I am no longer able to find it in the list when trying to customize someones profile. (Maybe this information could help find the issue?)

I've tried looking into permissions of My Files, Google Play Music, Zedge, all of it.

Any help in rooting this problem and correcting it would be very much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Using a file manager app, look for the directory where those sound files are saving. Then create a blank text file titled ".nomedia" (without the quotes, but with the leading period). That will instruct the system to ignore that directory when scanning for sound files to add to the music database.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty