pop up ads on galaxy tab s2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G W2

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Pop up ads keep interupting my usage of my tab s2. They happen randomly during use. Ad blockers and malware programs are no help. Safe mode is also no help. Can someone help. Preferably with more than one sentance. The ads are powered by adchoice if thats any help. Removing apps since they started has not fixed anything.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Try resetting your Google advertising id.

Google settings>Ads>reset advertising id

It helped me with redirects and pop ups bringing me to the play store in the past. It might fix your problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say Safe Mode doesn't help, does that mean the ads still pop up in Safe Mode? If that's the case, then you have some kind of adware/malware installed to the system root. You'd have to reinstall the firmware to get rid of it, using either Smart Switch (http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914) or Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Otherwise, you're stuck with uninstalling apps one by one, or doing a factory reset and then reinstalling apps one by one, watching closely for those ads. There's no other good way to pinpoint the culprit. The best approach is to be cautious when you install new apps -- look through the reviews carefully, specifically at the low-star reviews, to see if anyone complains about ads.

Signed,
Major Clear-As-Mud:p

G W2

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
No i did not mean they pop up in safe mode. However i uninsatalled amazon and amazon alexa and they stopped. Does this mean they are to blame. Seems unlikley.There has also been no hate as far as i can see. However if I find one sentance replies that have no helpful info at all to be deserving of less respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If they don't pop up in Safe Mode, that indicates that something you installed is responsible. It's unlikely that Amazon and Alexa would cause popup ads (unless you installed them from somewhere besides Amazon or the Play Store, and someone inserted some adware into it). If the ads return, you'll need to continue uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away for good.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No i did not mean they pop up in safe mode. However i uninsatalled amazon and amazon alexa and they stopped. Does this mean they are to blame. Seems unlikley.
There has also been no hate as far as i can see. However if I find one sentance replies that have no helpful info at all to be deserving of less respect.
Good morning. If you wish to continue to post in the forums, you will need to follow the forum's guidelines. Please remember all forum members have varying degrees of tech knowledge and we all deserve to be treated with the same respect we wish for ourselves. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mr Diddy if you are so confused as to what sentence, why do you immediatly refer to it.

I was making an educated guess. There were a number of "one sentence replies." It would be helpful if you learned how to quote a response so that people know what you're referring to.

This forum has community guidelines for a reason. There is such a toxic atmosphere to so much online interaction these days that we feel it important for everyone to be civil and respectful. If you don't agree with the guidelines, then this probably isn't the right forum for you. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.