hey i worried about the factory resets phone to do much more than 8times per week. i dont ever to do resets than lower battery 20℅... after last reset battery discharge 3 hours 10℅. before last reset not drain quickly just 2% per 8hours without battery saver. i did when the phone is turn off when 0 battery i put on charger and see 0 battery so i power device. is it bad ??? i want my old battery status.. or maybe i waiting for battery calculating time ? because not show how many hours left to discharge.
    12-01-2018 02:06 PM
    Factory resets are not related to battery charge level (except that some may do one to clear out the excess garbage to improve life). All you're doing is running the battery down. Are you trying to say you're doing a calibration?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    12-01-2018 02:21 PM
    Can we keep the discussion of this in a single thread? Can we merge this one with the other - https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6413005

Also, to the OP and/or @everbutter I don't mean this to be rude but the posts make very little sense to me. I understand that you may not be a native English speaker but the posts seem all over the place and don't make a lot of sense.
    12-01-2018 02:54 PM
    First - factory resets are only done to uninstall all apps and data you've added to the phone. If you don't want that, there's no reason for a reset at all. (I have one phone that's over 5 years old and, except for the times I've flashed a new ROM, it's never been reset.)

Second, what probably caused the problem is letting the battery go down to 0. You should never let it go down to less than 40%. Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries. (They're very light and can be made very thin - that's why they';re used. Not for deep discharge.)

[Oh - threads joined.]
    12-01-2018 03:05 PM
    10% in 3 hours is fine. You're not going to get much better than that.
    12-01-2018 04:53 PM
    And after reset last from 100 to 99 per two hoyrs i dont used phone.
    The phone is running, so Linux is running, Dalvik (which is wehat Android is) is running, and they use battery. Your phone talks to the tower every once in a while, so the system knows where you are - so if there's a call or text for you, the system knows which tower to send it to you from. That all uses battery.

Phone should be the same dropped when battery is 71 and two hours ago was be 70 but NO!!! The was in three hours 60! So wtf 10 percent down
    Look at the battery in Settings and see what's using it.
    12-01-2018 05:27 PM
    Here's a little reading about phone batteries from our Ambassador guides - https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...batteries.html
    12-01-2018 05:43 PM
    Your device is fine. Seriously. 2% in 8hrs is great.
    12-01-2018 11:57 PM
    Sounds to me just you don't know how Android runs, first Android? You keep on resetting it and resetting it and such. Basically you're looking at things you don't understand. You're getting over 1 day of battery life from your phone. It's fine. Android is supposed to keep apps and background services ready.
    12-02-2018 12:40 AM
    Hmm. I like reset device not lagging.. so i dont keep.. i testing battery before 2 months. And discharged after 3 days and 10 hours is awesome!!!! Normal usage. Youtube 6hours,sms,calls,messenger,fb,snapchat normal 8hours a day . Wifi is always ON . Brightness medium)))) but now after reset dropped down ehen i lock phone was 71 and after 3 hours 61 . When before reset discharge 1 or 2 percent DOWN!!!! in stand by mode in 8 hours without battery saving mode.
    I don't see anything wrong with 1% discharge over 8hrs.
    1% in 8hrs means 80hrs or almost 3 days standby.
    12-02-2018 01:02 AM
    Threads merged.
    12-02-2018 05:03 AM
    Why you mergered? I dont wanna, this too long to read answers.............. other people
    For the information of other members: Post 29 was created as a new thread, with the title "Factory reset damage ram or phone ? Or battery".
    @everbutter: Since the subject is the same, I merged your new thread with this one. Multiple threads lead to confusion, and there is no need to start the discussion afresh.
    12-02-2018 05:47 AM
    1. STOP RESETTING THE PHONE! It doesn't damage anything, but it drains the battery. And it could also cause storage to exceed its maximum number of write cycles. The phone isn't designed to be reset all the time. (Or to have the ROM changed all the time.)

2. Ekranas, display, seems to be using a lot of battery. Turn the brightness as far down as it's comfortable, and let the screen turn off after 15 seconds. Keeping the screen on all the time will drain the battery fast. It's the largest user of battery in the phone. (That could be your whole problem.)
    12-02-2018 03:18 PM
    10 times per day, and 1month was 30000 resets
    So, you're spending all day every day resetting your phone? That's excessive, there's no reason for that.

The resets themselves won't cause harm to the device. Flash NAND memory (the type used in SSD's and mobile devices) has a finite number of write cycles before the chip degrades. This is one reason defragmenting is not suggested on mobile devices and SSD's, besides the fact that it simply isn't needed. Now - as technology has progressed the number of write cycles has risen (and that's write/erase cycles per cell) but there's still a number, for the average user that number will never be reached on a mobile device but your usage is not "average".
    12-03-2018 07:23 AM
    Why would you do this? You basically spend your life refreshing your phone if you do it 20,000 times per year.

I've read that the storage used in phones has a limited lifetime and certainly refreshing 20,000 times per year will shorten the life of the storage.

Just like with SSDs in computers, everything has a lifespan and will not last forever.
    12-03-2018 08:16 AM
    The interesting fellow who was responsible for this thread has been banned and his posts deleted, so it doesn't make much sense for this thread to continue. I'll close it.
    12-03-2018 12:36 PM