My internal storage is just about full but I can't move most apps to SD card. I have the nook bntv450.
    I heard about reformatting SD card after removing apps from the care. I cannot do this.
    Can s
    I reformat SD card not there are files in it? And how will I accomplish this?

Thanks
    12-01-2018 05:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central

Are you able to read the card in a computer?
    12-01-2018 05:45 PM
    Most apps these days can't be moved to the SD card (because they won't run if they're on the card).

(Google kept telling us not to do it for a few versions. When no one listened, they stopped telling us. But now developers are getting tired of answering emails for the same problem - that their app won't run from an SD card - so they're disabling the ability to move the app. Use SD cards for files, and create apk files of apps you don't use often and keep them on the card - then uninstall an app you don't usually use and install the one you want to use. That's about all you can do until you get a phone with enough storage to handle all the apps you want to keep on it.)
    12-02-2018 12:57 PM
    Most apps these days can't be moved to the SD card (because they won't run if they're on the card).

(Google kept telling us not to do it for a few versions. When no one listened, they stopped telling us. But now developers are getting tired of answering emails for the same problem - that their app won't run from an SD card - so they're disabling the ability to move the app. Use SD cards for files, and create apk files of apps you don't use often and keep them on the card - then uninstall an app you don't usually use and install the one you want to use. That's about all you can do until you get a phone with enough storage to handle all the apps you want to keep on it.)
    My galaxy 10 will only allow me to move 8 apps then says not enough storage despite having more than enough. Every app I tried to move can be moved. Every app can be ,oved to the SD card but only if there is less than 8. You can move any 8 apps of your choice and no more. Not sure why they have not fixed this obvious design flaw.
    06-20-2019 10:41 AM
    Google has been slowly removing that feature over multiple versions of android. I would not be surprised if Android 9 has it completely removed.

Keep you apps on the internal storage. Put your pictures, music, videos, and documents on the SD card.

Many of the newer apps that use lots of storage (camera, maps, GPS, games) will now let you put their data on the SD card while keeping the app on the internal storage. See the settings in each app to see what options are available.
    06-20-2019 04:59 PM